27 September 2011

whim HOME Hits the Road

Both the BroFam dining room and the Mamasita's kitchen are coming along slowly but surely.  More on those to come...  For now, I wanted to share some brainstorming.  A couple of weeks ago I started a new project that I am particularly psyched out of my mind about (phrase a la ELF, the movie).  While I was up in Ohio at the end of August, I visited a long time family friend who just bought a new house in the Hyde Park area of Cincinnati.  I love Ohio and I love Cincy, particularly Hyde Park with all the curves and hills and charm.  The Reese home is lovely, brimming with potential, glamour and a mischievous sense of humor.  After a few hours of touring the home and sharing ideas, I had a new and very exciting project to focus on.  One of the many beautiful features of this home is a proper foyer with a staircase and a formal living room to the left.  We decided to start at the beginning and are in the first stage of design on the entryway.  Here are the idea boards I sent to Mrs. Reese for approval.  Much to my delight, she chose the first one. 



Mrs. Reese has an eye for unique thrift and estate finds.  It will be so exciting to see how this project evolves as we go.  More to come...  

No comments:

Post a Comment