15 March 2011

Doing the Laundry

I am bursting with ideas and inspiration.  I'm not sure if it's the warm weather or the blooms abound, but there is so much I want to do and say and not nearly enough time for it all.  And so without wasting another minute, today begins my five posts in five days. 
This weekend my roommate (fiance) and I cleaned out the storage area in our carport.  We call it the "shed" (said with a rough Southern accent) and from hereon I will refer to it only as the shed and from this point forward when the word shed is read it should be read with a deep, raspy Southern accent.  And so we cleaned out the shed, which looked like we had  been opening the door and chucking stuff in for months, even years.  We pulled everything out, bought a wire shelf from the Home Depot, loaded (almost) everything back in and it's like a brand new shed.  I could kick myself for not taking a Before and After as part of my Spring Cleaning Initiative, but it was ugly before and it's not that pretty after, so use your imagination. 
Anyway, cleaning out the shed will enable us to relocate some of the junk cluttering the inside of our house.  The laundry room is first on that list.  We began the Laundry Beautification Act as part of the Spring Cleaning Initiative two weeks ago when I spotted these lovely Hyacinth baskets that I decided would be pleasing alternatives to the plastic baskets that have been in use since I was fifteen.  Then this Saturday, we trekked on over to our local Sherwin-Williams store and bought some paint samples.  We found a lovely, sunny yellow aptly named, "Lily."  It was spot on what I had in mind: clean, happy, pure.  I plan on covering the small section of cabinets in wallpaper once I find the right stuff.  I was thinking red toile, but I will most likely change my mind at least seventy-nine times before I actually make a decision. 
And so for now, I need inspiration.  The devil is in the details and I am on the hunt for ideas.

Apartment Therapy


Country Living


DesignSpongeOnline.com


Designer's Attic


DesignSpongeOnline.com


Source Unknown


Brabourne Farm


The Washington Post


Country Living


Country Living

No comments:

Post a Comment